Lets see the best 13 ways on my calendar to make extra money.
The week is starting and what most peoples are talking about around the kitchen table?
- What are you doing this Christmas?
- Are you going to the Black Friday?
- Just purchase the cotumes for the Kids!
- Looking to book a week end in New York for the New Year!
- And more great ideas!
It sound so much fun to plan all those great ideas and looking ahead of the great memories, this memorable moment or purchase will provide to you and your family.
A big question remain: How do we proceed to purchase?
- Credit Card
- Line of credit
- Sell some stuffs
- more solutions or ways to generate money…
The only thing we could do is take a decision and look for ways to make money to help us pursue our goal.
Before we start there is other reasons that could lead you to take action:
- Have more money in the bank
- Pay some debt
- Get a new car
- Extra vacation
- and many great reasons that are close to your heart.
I do encourage you , to go ahead and try those simple ways to generate some cash.It will take some work to make it happen, if you see something that is too good to be true! Because it is toooo good to be true = Run!
Sell some items through a garage sale.
We all have great ideas but we see so much work to be put onto selling just a couple of items. There is not enough will power to do the work and the reward could be just pennies on the dollar.
It is really easy to make money by selling some stuffs that we don’t use around the house.
- Step 1: Look for quick items to sell (electronics, books, furnitures are among the ones selling the quickest)
- Step2: Condition of the item and if it need little repair .
- Step3: Look where you want to sell the articles (Newspaper, online sites…)
- Step4: Prepare a description and decide on the price
- Step5:Taking really nice pictures with a good amount of light and camera
- Step6: Advertise with all the details the person may think about.
- Step7: List the item and wait for some offers
- Step8: Answer request and quick answers
- Step9: Always meet buyers in person
- Step10: Always cash or certified cheque to receive payment.
If you have the love for animals this could be a really good option for you.
To babysit animals when the owners are at work or not available.
You may think, this is a lot of work but if you are already comfortble with animals it should be fun for you.
If you decide to do this gig, take some time to verify:
- How is the animal ? (temper)
- What kind of Cat or Dog?
- The animal love to be entertain or not?
- Love to walk and run ?
- Any special conditions?
- Emergency ?(how to contact the owner)
- How to be paid? (contract, nothing verbal)
- Is it the first time the owner decide to let someone babysit their animal?
If after answering all the questions above you feel you are the perfect candidate, go for this great gig.
This is one of the greatest way to make money and it’s not too difficult if you do it right and enjoy the company of kids.
Of course don’t take the job if you are allergic toooo, energetic kids taking the house just for them(Joke: Go for it!)..
- They have so much energy
- Always on the go
- Don’t listen (depend on the kids)
- Read books (Intellectual)
- Play games (Everything electronic)
- Playing board games (yes, some may play those kind of games)
- Love sports (be ready to be active with them)
- The love of movies
- And many more.
My point is, you need to be in a way ready to become a kids for a couple of hours. By becoming their friends and be at the same level, you will surely enjoy your time with them and getting paid at the same time. This is a win-win situation so why not take advantage.
Who is the person that we call the fixer!
This is someone that is not affraid to use both hands and work manually on anything that need to be fix.
- Doing electrical work (security and knowledge, if not stay away)
- Fixing a cabanon
- Repair a car (changing some parts)
- Oven eating unit need to be replace
- Change a door lock
- Broken window to be replace
- Fix any gardening articles
The only thing i could say for this one is, don’t be affraid to take tasks that you feel could be difficult. It is more a question or knowing your limit,if you feel it is ok and you know you could accomplish the work, go for it. If not, look for smaller jobs, start building your confidence so you could tackle bigger project.
Another great opportunity for peoples that are not affraid to work physically. There is always someone that need help to move any kind of furniture from point A to point B.
- Provide exact items to be move
- Have the exact location from point A to point B
- Have a writen contract (if you know the person, always be cautious)
- Provide date and time
- Taking pictures prior to move item-furniture
- Do you need help?
- Examine point A and B location to make sure there is no concern (security)
If by answering the questions above, there is no hesitation in your mind. You may go ahead and perform the work.
Where to find those jobs? The best places are in the online classifieds or the local newspaper.
Another great gig to be perform in any calendar day of the month. We all know that our time is so precious, we do so much during the week that we end up over the week end. With no more power so the house is not clean and the following week there is a lot more to do.
Thats where the super cleaner come to the rescue to help clean this house, appartment or even a business location.
- How many rooms to be clean?
- What need to be clean?
- How long do i have to perform the work
- How much to be paid?
- Am i going to be alone or not?
- How to access the location ?
- Do you provide the cleaning items?
- Is it the first time dealing with a independant cleaner?
- Do i need insurance to clean your house (usualy personal insurance should suffice)
By asking the above questions to the owner of the place, they will feel that you are responsible and aware of any issues that may occur. For you it is a good situation because you will be in control as long you show professionalism and great respect to other peoples properties. If you are allergic to dust or animals, just wear a mask, this should do the work.
There is more…
Find other type of job if possible:
- Restaurants (Could be any type )
- Bar tender (Hours could be long but decent money,be careful where you apply)
- Waitress (long hours, wear super good shoes)
- Stores (Clothings store, major chain, hardware store, depanneur, drug store…)
- Hotel (Reception, taking care of bags for clients,room service,cleaning, concierge…)
- Library (classify books, answer questions)
- Parking (welcoming clients, park theirs cars… Responsibility is KEY)
- And more…
Take the time to analyse what kind of job you may take and what are your best options prior to sign any deals or accept any offers.
With all 13 options, it is always a question of knowing what you want.
Be on the move when looking for extra ways to make money,talk to friends and family members about your special project. By taking actions, the universe will help you have the right little gig to make money.
Just trust yourself and it will happen.
Popular posts on Bag of Cents: