Your mode of transportation could be your best friend. You could make money with your car and it is not complex as i taught it would be. I was skeptical at first but after looking online and reading reviews from actual peoples making money, it was a no brainer for me.
We use our car for so many activities…
- Drive to work
- Save time
- and more…
The car is one of the acclaim mode of transportation in the world after the bicycle. Since the price is not in the same range logically.
I said, why not dig deeper and look for ways to make money with our car, should not be complicated. Easily understandable and of course legal.
Rent you car could be a interesting way to make money while not using your car. Are you the type of person that use the car only during the week and on the week end ,your car stay in the parking lot. If that’s the case why not make money by leasing your car for the week end and make money.
I did verify also on the legal side of leasing your car…
Verify with your insurance company that you are protected if leasing your car,just to be safe. Don’t want to end up in a bad situation by trying to make money and at the end,you have to pay way more money.
Always do your due diligence, you will feel more secure and in control.
Take a look at this company: EasyCar.com, i think they have one of the best option out there in regard of leasing your car. It is only a question of doing the proper research, analyse your situation, the condition of your car and your tolerance to risk.
This is a great option to have extra money every month, by having publicity on our car.
It is not for everyone to have your car wrap with publicities but it is effective. Most of the time the publicity will be place on the door panel,back side windows and the back window also. I did saw a couple of cars with publicities , at first i was like: “Ohhh boy, that is to much for my taste”.
When thinking about it, in a rational way, it make sense. You get paid just by driving your car around and especially good for taxi drivers. Imagine the route around the city for a taxi drivers in a 24 hours time frame. A really good option for them.
Verify with the city, the law for having your car wrap with publicities and if it is legal to drive around. Verify also with the local police head quarter, to be on the safe side.
One company that seem to me , to be well ahead of the curve is: Carquids.com .
They are organise, understand how the law work and peoples are loving the concept.
Take your time when dealing with a new company, test it first before having your car fully wrap!
This is by far one of the best way to generate some income with your car. Let me explain…
Most of us have a parking space if we own a house or a appartment/condo.
Depending on the location you will understand how it could be beneficial for you and make money at the same time.
Example: Let say you leave in the downtown area and you take your car from monday to friday to commute to work. While not using your parking space ,why not lease it for a period of 6 hours per day.
I see already all the questions…
- How to find customers?
- How to protect myself?
- Time lease per day?
- What kind of contract should i have?
- Resident permit ?
- and more…
Will try my best to answer the common questions you may have.
It is a new concept and not always easy to understand and this is not for everyone. Some peoples have no problem dealing with customers, not alwasy the case.
You feel the need to say why not: “I’ll do it”. Excellent and what to do next.
- If you own a house most of the time the parking is yours , should not be a problem.
- If you own a condo, you need to verify with the condo council, allowed to lease your parking space.
To find customers: have a sign or have a publicity online for a parking to lease.
- How to be protected: If you think it doesn’t make sense because it is.(follow your guts)
- Time Lease per day: If some clients are leasing longuer than usual, charge them extra to condition them to be on time.
- Contrat: You should have a contract with legal information so you are protected.(See online for lease parking contract)
- Resident permit: By law ,you are not allowd to sub lease or sell your parking permit.
- Insurance: Verify with your home insurance, if you plan on leasing your parking space.
This is by far my favorite option because.
- You have control
- How much you want to charge
- Easy to do
- Don’t take much of your time
- Fun to have a monthy payment
I was not enthousiate at first to share this option.
- I tought it was time consuming
- Not easy to do
- Headache with the clients
- Insurance company complicated
- Receiving payment to complex
- What to do when i need my parking
By taking the right steps and undertand the concept, it is the perfect one.
Is there any other options to make money with your car?
- Be a Uber driver and see if you like it.
- Deliver any articles with your car
- Associate with UberEat maybe?
- Share your commute.
- and more…
Driving a car is so common that we don’t think about the other options available to us to make extra money. It will take some time to adjust your calendar to your new find glory. At least take the time to try it and see for yourself, if the option is good or not.
Driving is easy but driving and making money at the same, is more fun.
Enjoy your time and be safe on the road.
Popular posts on Bag of Cents:
- Having a Passive Income, is it possible?
- Frugal vs Money
- Simplify your Life Today = Minimalist
- The Envelop System to help you save
Leave a Reply